As the skincare market continues to grow worldwide, more and more consumers are educating themselves on the ingredients that go into the products they are applying to their skin. There are numerous highly effective luxury skincare lines currently on the market, however many of them are created using artificial fragrances, preservatives, and other skin irritants that may not be the best option to use in long term skincare regimens. For these reasons, the organic luxury skincare and cosmetic industry has experienced exponential growth over the past decade – as consumers are caring less about the shelf life of their products (where increased shelf life is a main reason for many of the ingredients/preservatives found in mainstream luxury skincare lines that are excluded from organic lines) and more about the products containing high quality and 100% safe ingredients.
After having numerous requests from readers to test and review organic luxury beauty products that could be used as an alternative to current luxury skincare lines on the market, I did exactly that. Over the past 2-months of testing, the following products I found to be highly effective and overall winners within the industry:
1) Kindred Skincare: Nightly Nourish – Let me start off by saying this brand deserves so much more attention. If you are a fan of Colleen Rothschild Face Oil No9, you will love Nightly Nourish. Created by a talented materials science engineer, this high quality organic essential oil blend creates a healing barrier to the skin and is to be used before falling asleep as the last step in your PM skincare routine. I highly recommend this oil blend especially to those with normal to dry skin. If you love lavender, this aromatic night serum may become your new favorite. I have been using this almost every night for over 1 month and still have at least 1/2 of the product left. Kindred Skincare’s entire line is award-worthy – check all their great products here.
2) Vapour Beauty: Lux Organic Lip Conditioner – I recently became introduced to this rising brand that has received a lot of attention from the press. Among other great organic products this brand has (I love their Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation – full review viewable here), the Lux Organic Lip Conditioner stands out as a skincare essential. Crafted using a specially formulated blend of botanical oils and plant extracts, this highly moisturizing lip conditioner provides immediate relief to dry and chapped lips (think of it as an ultra-luxurious version of ChapStick®). Lux Organic Lip Conditioner is great for both men and women – and can even be used on dry elbows or under the nose. Least to say, it will be a winter staple for me throughout the cold and dry months. For more information on Vapour Beauty, visit their main website here.
3) 100% Pure: Organic High Potency Reversal Restore Serum – Part of (one of) 100% Pure’s new six-product lines, this anti-aging serum plumps and improves skin elasticity – especially around the eyes. Active ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, coenzyme Q10, and resveratrol fade fine lines and wrinkles – making the wearer’s face appear rejuvenated and revitalized. I love using this serum prior to applying a moisturizer. Depending on your skincare needs, pairing this serum up with other organic anti-aging products from this line may be right for you (the ultra-hydrating Repair Moisturizer certainly has my stamp of approval!). For more information on 100% innovative and vast line of organic products, visit their main site here.
4) Veridatta: Naked Night Repair – I had the pleasure of meeting the creator and face of this line this past spring (a rare opportunity in the skincare world). Her products are true to their descriptions – they accomplish the benefits they are marketed to provide. For those looking for an all-natural and organic alternative to your current moisturizers, this is a great one to apply at night before using a face oil. Infused with hyaluronic acid, tamanu oil, and a wide range of skin-enhancing vitamins, Naked Night Repair tightens, tones, and decreases the appearance of fine lines while successfully providing deep hydration. This moisturizer is especially great for more mature and/or dry skin. Visit their main site for more information on their full luxury organic line here.
5) Adore Cosmetics: Oxygen Booster Kit – Where do I even begin with this luxurious organic skincare system? I was sent this not knowing the retail value – only to discover this high-end little package retails for a steep $3650.00 USD! After using the set for a few weeks, it became clear that this unique product was in a class of its own. As a first step, a soothing aromatic exfoliant is applied and gently massaged into your face for a few minutes. The second step is where all the action transpires – where 4-6 drops of the serum are released on top of the exfoliant, causing an instant chemical reaction that heats the surface of your face and causes an effervescent white foam to appear. This reaction drives an abundance of skin-revitalizing oxygen into old/damaged and new cells alike – which actually reverses signs of aging and promotes lasting youth. The process is complete after this concoction is gently wiped off the face and followed up with the velvety moisturizer. Even after doing this system once, my face physically looked brighter and rejuvenated. After one month of use using this kit weekly, my skin texture seemed to change – it just looked and felt more alive. Seeing that this kit is more than my monthly rent, I got in touch with the Adore team to see if they could give a discount to my readers – making their highly effective product more accessible to a wider range of skincare lovers. They graciously provided me with this code for my readers to receive 60% off online using this promo code: TPB60
6) Aleavia: Restore Soothing Mist – This plant-based prebiotic healing mist is nothing short of a superfood for your skin. Restore Shooting Mist is formulated with carefully selected organic ingredients (including Acadian sea kelp, aloe vera, and coconut oil) to calm and heal rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, fresh scars, burns, and dehydrated skin – talk about an all-encompassing skincare product! I use this misting spray multiple times throughout the day as an instant skin refresher and highly recommend it for those with dry and/or irritated skin. For more information on Aleavia’s breakthrough plant-based prebiotic line, check out their main site here.
7) Shiffa: Tamanu Moisturizing Cream – Branded as “the best possible skincare in the world” with raving reviews worldwide, I was excited to test out this dermatologist-crafted product myself. Shiffa is known for its healing and rejuvenating luxury skincare line created using the principles of dermatology and organic ingredients. Infused with Healing Essence™, powerful active ingredients such as aromatic tamanu oil and prickly pear seed oil promote the formation of new tissue, accelerate wound healing, protect against free radicals, and stimulate stem cell growth. When applied, this cream glides onto the skin seamlessly – leaving your face feeling velvety soft. I love using this after doing any kind of enzyme or chemical peel for optimal skin recovery and rejuvenation. Get you hands on a bottle of this today by visiting their main website listed here.
Austen Parker is a professional makeup artist with a diverse creative and academic background – holding a degree in entrepreneurship and advanced business analysis with additional studies in fine art, art history, and pre-med/cosmetic dermatology.
His passion for makeup combined with a strong understanding of science, skincare and facial anatomy gives him a unique perspective on makeup application – including color placement, blending, and the knowledge of unique melanin patterns – bringing a scientific edge to his artistry. His work includes international fashion & beauty editorials, advertising, corporate & editorial portraiture, television, runway, and destination weddings.