Planning a wedding can be very stressful and overwhelming.
Did you know that drinking tea and implementing tea time is a great way to relieve stress? Taking time for tea is taking time for me. Me time is very important, especially when planning a wedding. Here are some tips to enhance your tea time which decreases your stress levels.
Here is how you can reduce stress while planning your wedding.
INCLUDE TEA TIME every day
- Select a fine china teacup that fits your personality for the day, this helps you to feel special.
- Take time to sit and sip on your tea and enjoy the tea experience.
- Use a fine china teacup, not a mug, because the mug is thick and when sipping on the tea the mug is the first thing that goes in your mouth. The thickness of the mug is a barrier between your mouth and the tea. When using a fine china teacup (porcelain) the rim is very thin so the tea goes directly into your mouth. Using the teacup helps you to enjoy the tea much better. Remember, the thinner the rim the better.
- Enjoy the aroma of the tea by inhaling deeply and exhaling a few times, you will feel the stress roll off your shoulders.
THE HEALTH & WELLNESS OF TEA
Tea has many health benefits. Some studies have shown that drinking tea may help:
- Reduce stress
- Lower cholesterol
- Reduce blood sugar
- Reduce certain types of cancers
Selecting herbal teas are great because they have no caffeine. The aroma of flavored teas act like aromatherapy and help in reducing stress and overwhelm. These teas are beneficial for brides to include in their daily lifestyle and will help them cope better while planning their wedding.
STRESS RELIEF TEAS
CHAMOMILE, LEMON BALM, PASSION FLOWER and VALERIAN Herbs – can be used as a tea to assist with insomnia, stress, and anxiety.
Sipping on a hot cup of chamomile tea during the middle of the day or before bedtime may help in relaxing your mind and body. Other benefits of Chamomile tea are Anti-Inflammatory and antiseptic properties which can help to reduce acne, motion sickness, stomach bloating and more.
Herbal teas should be steeped for approximately 5-7 minutes and the temperature should be approximately 200 degrees.
DETOX TEAS/HERBS – These help to reduce or eliminate free radicals which cause many diseases.
Other benefits of Chamomile tea are Anti-Inflammatory and antiseptic properties which can help to reduce acne, motion sickness, stomach bloating and more.
- Red Clover – is a flower. It removes toxins from the blood and liver.
- Burdock – Is a blood purifier.
- Milk Thistle – helps to get toxins out of the liver.
- Ginger – has anti-inflammatory and anti-ulcer compounds. It cleanses the body by stimulating digestion. It also removes waste and toxins in the liver and colon.
If you want to look and feel better for your wedding, start implementing these herbs into your tea time for a healthier you.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: If using medications or if pregnant, always check with a physician prior to the use of these herbs and teas, some may interact with your medicine or may not be good for pregnant women and the unborn baby.
About the Author: Sharon “Lady Tea” Levy, CEO & founder of Taking Tea InStyle.