South Asian wedding week closes and we dedicated this article to our South Asian brides! Looking amazing on your wedding day is a must! Here are some of our picks for the best in South Asian beauty.
Beauty Gurus and Educators:
- Tamanna Roashan– Also known to over 1.6 million followers as “Dressyourface” on Instagram, Tamanna’s work on South Asian brides and celebrities has made her one of the most influential makeup artists around. In 2014, the half-Indian, half-Afghan beauty collaborated with Anastasia Beverly Hills to create a limited edition “Tamanna- Dressyourface” eye palette that quickly sold out. She also offers online makeup classes on her website.
- Anu Mahli– Though she is based in the U.K., Anu specializes in South Asian bridal makeup. Like Tamanna, she offers classes in makeup through her website Anu Professional Hair and Makeup artists. Her Instagram page is full of her amazing work.
One of the most popular items in South Asian beauty is bold alluring eye makeup. A smoky eye consisting of a darker brown or black outer corner with a wash of gold or silver always looks great. Brands like Urban Decay, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Stila, and Lorac are great options for eye shadow. Lining the rim of eyes with kohl’s are a staple in South Asian makeup.
- MAC Cosmetics – Fluid Line in “Blacktrack “and “Smolder” eye kohl
- Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in “Black Ink”
- Inglot – AMC Eyeliner Gel “77”
- Stila – “Stay All Day” waterproof liquid eyeliner in “Jet Black”
- Lakme – “Absolute eye khol” in Black
- Lakshmi eye khol
- NARS – “Sheer glow” offers great variety and is not too heavy looking on the skin.
- MAC Cosmetics – MAC offers a great variety of foundations in different shades and finishes. Our favorites include Pro Longwear foundation, Studio Sculpt, and face and body.
3. Lakme – Absolute Face Stylist foundation
Concealers- Concealers are important because dark circles tend to be a prominent feature in South Asian skin. Here are the best concealers to hide dark circles.
- NARS – Radiant Creamy Concealer
- MAC – Pro Longwear Concealer
- Cover FX – Cream Concealer
- Kevin Aucoin – Sensual Skin Enhancer
- Urban Decay – Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer
Eyebrows: Thick bold brows are a staple in South Asian makeup. Anastasia Beverly Hills “Bow Wiz” and “Dip brow Pomade” are amazing and highly recommended for budge proof brows.
- NARS blushes come in a great variety and are not chalky. They will complement any bridal look.
- MAC blushes
- Clinique cheek pop blushes
- MAC cosmetics are famous for their extensive collection of lipsticks. The wide range of lipsticks means there is something for everyone.
- NARS – Audacious lipsticks are beautiful and feature a vast array of colors.
For more beauty, fashion, and lifestyle information, be sure to follow World Bride Magazine!
Aliyah Johnson, is currently a student with journalism major at SUNY Purchase College. Her passion about all things beauty can be seen in her sense of style and in her writing.