Today, there are so many makeup brands it may seem overwhelming when you are trying to find the right one for your big day, or even any other day. It can be daunting. To put the makeup industry’s size into perspective, makeup sales in 2012 brought in $932 million. And the average woman spends about $15,000 on makeup during her lifetime.
To help you choose, WBM has compiled the top 10 makeup brands:
- Too Faced: With its adorable, cutesy packaging, and names like “Better than Sex Mascara,” Too Faced is all about being pink, pretty and feminine. The brand is also cruelty free.
- Benefit: Created by twins Jean and Jane Ford, this brand runs on fun and believes that laughter is the best cosmetic. Check out its cute and quirky packaging.
- Urban Decay: This vegan and cruelty free makeup brand is best known for its makeup pallets, such as the Naked Pallet. Urban Decay strives to provide users with an alternative makeup taste, beauty with an edge.
- Bobbi Brown: Bobbi Brown creates an elegant and modern appeal with its sleek, black packaging. This brand is all about enhancing natural features rather than creating an artificial look.
- Tarte: Tarte was created to provide users with healthy makeup with glamourous packaging. The products are cruelty free, green and formulated without parabens, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances and gluten.
- M.A.C.: M.A.C. products have great coverage and its high-pigment eye-shadows help create outrageous looks. It celebrates diversity and individuality by combining street style and glamour.
- Lancôme: Lancôme is a leading beauty trendsetter. It is one of the oldest and most established makeup brands. Its products vary from everyday use to couture.
- Smashbox: Smashbox cosmetics were created for photo shoots. The products do not appear cakey or dry. Smashbox products make you photo shoot ready.
- NARS: This brand has a lot of quality for its price point. NARS stays up to date on trends and is centered on pop culture, but will not change their dynamic to fit what is popular.
- Make Up For Ever: Make Up For Ever products are made for the runway. It creates a flawless finish where you appear Photo shopped in real life. It has the widest range of coverage in different shades. Overall, the products are cohesive; every single product is worthy.
For more information on makeup brands visit a Sephora near you.
Lexy Cummins is a senior at Kent State University in Ohio, majoring in magazine journalism and minoring in fashion media. She has strong interests in fashion, beauty and music. After graduation she hopes to write for a women’s or fashion magazine.
She is also an Ohio State licensed cosmetologist and plans to continue her beauty education in makeup application.