European makeup is loved and adored throughout the world. Some of the most iconic brands such as Estee Lauder, Chanel, and Dior have been mainstays in the global market. We went to 59th street to discover this season’s newest and hottest makeup and skincare products perfectly available for your wedding day.
1. Lancôme: The Miracle Cushion Foundation is a standout from other foundations as it comes in a compact with a sponge that contains the foundation. This foundation feels weightless because the sponge maintains the foundation moisture. We also recommend a few other applications; your fingers, the accompanying brush, or whatever tools you enjoy for a buildable coverage. A couple of new Sephora exclusives, the Grandiose Mascara has a curved S – shape brush for a wide fan eyed effect on the lashes and Energie de Vie Daily Lotion-in-Gel, is hydrating leaves a lasting smoothness on my hand, always consider hydrating the skin before makeup application.
2. Dior: New for Dior, is the Diorshow mascara. It is a classic Dior mascara featuring microfibers to add extra length to the lashes. Also new to Dior is their Nude Tie Dye blush released this summer. Not only is it beautiful to look at, it is highly pigmented and will give a lovely flush of color on the cheeks.
3. Clarins: Newly released the Double Serum (Complete Age Control Concentrate) and the Haute Exigence Jour (Super Restorative Day Illuminating lifting replenishing cream). The Double Serum is part of their hydric and lipidic system to slow down aging and the Haute Exigence Jour is a cream that works to lift and firm maturing skin. Both are available as a set. Recommended by Clarins experts is the UV PLUS Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 50. Widely used by doctors, this serum protects against darks spots and sun damage. It comes in tinted and non- tinted versions.
4. Laura Mercier: The newest collection from Laura Mercier, contains a beautiful pink and bronze baked bronzer, a champagne-gold wave-like face illuminator and a body shimmer. For your wedding day, Laura Mercier artists suggest their best selling Silk Crème Foundation (available in both oil and oil free formulas), and their translucent powder for skin that feels good and photographs well throughout your wedding day.
5. La Prairie: A must try from this Switzerland brand is the award winning “Anti-aging Rapid Response Booster”. The anti-aging gel (which can also be used as a base for makeup), targets skin cells directly and feels very lightweight, leaves a chilling sensation that is not harsh. It works well on mature brides and adds a luxurious feel for younger brides.
Check out our gallery for more European beauty products found on our trip to 59th street. Also be sure to follow World Bride Magazine for more stories on all things bridal!